venerdì 22 marzo 2013
Hello again, and welcome to a new let's play!
Have you ever dreamed of playing good old Playstation games on your favourite O.S.? This is exactly what you need!
Ladies and gentlemen, i give to you the best PSX emulator for Ubuntu... PCSXE!
A matter of choice!
There's nothing to choice. PCSXE works on the most used Linux distributions, and has its own client for Ubuntu 32-bit and 64-bit.
Talking about performances..
First of all, my hardware:
cpu: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
distro: Ubuntu 12.10 quantal
soundcard: HDA ATI SB at 0xfbcf4000 irq 16
soundcard_driver: ALSA Version 1.0.25
videocard_driver_version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 310.14
videocard_manufacturer: NVIDIA Corporation
videocard_type: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
x_version: X.Org X Server 1.13.0
I always said that some emulators performances do not depend by your hardware (in this particular case, PSX is a 1995 console, so all you need is a PC which can still turn on -_-). Anyway, as you're gonna see in my video, i'm always at 60 FPS, so performances are great.
The installation progress takes about 2 minutes.
You don't have to set anything, the emulator works perfectly without any particular setting (all you have to do is change some video options, if you want).
Feel free to send me an email or leave a comment if you got some problems or if you just wanna ask me a question. I will always answer you!
Amazing news! The Humble Bundle team has released his first "Humble Weekly Sale"! What's that?
Simple. Every tuesday, a new game is released and can be bought for only 1 dollar (or more). BUT, there's also the possibility to unlock some new contents and/or merchandise. If you beat a price (which can be an average for new contents or a higher price for the merchandise) you get soundtracks, manuals and for the first time, physical merchandise like bandanas, original CDs, postcards etc...
This week, the Humble Weekly Sale contains one of the best indie games ever released: Bastion!
Now, you can buy the game paying $1 or more, but if you want...
- You can beat the average (now $2.65) to get:
Bonus Content- Or you can pay more than $25 to get:
MerchandiseAnd remember, part of your money will go to charity!
So, pay what you want, help charity, get amazing games and many other contents (also physical merchandise)!
What are you waiting for? Don't be a stupid and be quick!
sabato 16 marzo 2013
The Wine development release 1.5.26 is now available. What's new in this release (see below for details): - OpenGL support in the Mac driver. - Clipboard and drag&drop support in the Mac driver. - Improvements to the URL cache. - Some fixes for ARM binaries. - SPARC platform no longer supported. - Various bug fixes. The source is available from the following locations: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-1.5.26.tar.bz2 http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/wine/source/1.5/wine-1.5.26.tar.bz2
For the complete list of bug fixes follow this link:
venerdì 15 marzo 2013
It's time to humble again!
This is the fifth bundle which also contains Android games!
If you're lucky owner of Android phone or tablet, you'd be glad to know that on http://android.mob.org/ you can download best free Android games, ringtones and wallpapers. You can get any mobile game on this portal without any payments.
This bundle contains 9 games, downloadable on PC and on Android!
Remember, pay what you want, help charity, and get some amazing games!
Let's see now which games are contained into this bundle:
- Beat Hazard Ultra: an arcade shooter powered by music — just choose any song from the game or from your music collection to fuel your gameplay.
- Dynamite Jack: armed with nothing but a flashlight and an unlimited supply of bombs, you’ll need to escape the Anathema Mines in Dynamite Jack.
- Solar 2: in an open world with no linear gameplay, you can build a solar system, wage war against other planets, or wreak absolute havoc as a black hole.
- NightSky HD: a physics puzzle game set in 10 mysterious worlds of silhouettes and soothing music.
And, if you beat the average (now $6.87) you also get:
- Splice: resequence, mutate, and splice in this experimental microbial puzzler by Cipher Prime.
- Super Hexagon: in this deceptively simple game, you’ll have to deal with a spinning screen and rapidly changing colors synced to brain-pumping music.
- Dungeon Defenders + DLC: defend the Eternia Crystals in your tower alone as one of four hero classes, or team up with other players to beat ogres to a pulp in the action RPG Dungeon Defenders.
- Crayon Physics Deluxe: in Crayon Physics Deluxe, your doodles and drawings transform into objects you can use to push, pull, slide, shield, and catapult the ball towards the goal in more than 70 distinct levels.
- Superbrothers-Sword & Sworcery EP: the plot is unveiled in "sessions," each of which involves traveling through the countryside and solving puzzles and combat challenges.
And of course, you also get all the soundtracks!
So, what are you waiting for? Don't be stupid and be quick! You still have 4 days!!!
The Wine development release 1.5.25 is now available. What's new in this release (see below for details): - Proper cursor support in the Mac driver. - Fixes for right-to-left support in RichEdit. - Initial version of a Wingdings font. - Various bug fixes. The source is available from the following locations: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-1.5.25.tar.bz2 http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/wine/source/1.5/wine-1.5.25.tar.bz2
For the complete list of the bug fixes follow this link: